Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Panty Line

4 November 2012 
Maricaban Bay, Busuanga, Palawan, Philippines 

I've always been turned off by the sight of flapping clotheslines in otherwise elegant boats and I try not to hang anything in Paraluman.


I packed enough clothes to last me for my one month trip without washing. Not just to avoid peppering Paraluman with hanging laundry but also to save my precious fresh water supply. I love it that I need very few pieces of clothing here. A bikini and sarong for the day, a rash guard and board shorts for swimming and snorkeling, a well-loved pair of denim cut-offs and a top or a dress for drinks at the bar at night, a tank top and Raul's boxers for sleeping. So far, I've used about 1/10th of my supply of fresh clothes.

Except for underwear which I've just run out of. Today I washed my used underwear and had no choice but to hang them to dry in Paraluman for the world to see. Sexy and lacy panties for when Raul is around, big loose ones for when Raul is not around, happy ones, regular ones. I apologize to the unfortunate observer for ruining the view.

Hanging laundry- I've accepted it as a reality in boating life.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...